Monday, April 18, 2011

We Did It!


It's been way too long since our last post! Here's our update:

On Aug 4th 2010 we had our final inspection of our home for our Foster License. My Mom, Sande and Taryn were here. Mark our inspector came over to check our house one more time. We were expecting him to tell us, ok now you have to wait 5-10 more days and you'll be Licensed. Instead he looked at us there in our soon to be child's room and gave us a really big smile and said, "I knew you would have everything done, so I'm very happy to say that as of this morning you are Licensed for Fostering". I was so happy I couldn't move. He kind of laughed and looked at us and said it's ok to cheer, scream or cry. We just thanked him and laughed. It wasn't until after he left that we came into our living room where my Mom was sitting and said Thank You Lord!! My Mom asked us how it went and we told her it's done, we have our license. Then we cheered and jumped up and down! We just embraced eachother and cried. After 13 1/2 years our prayers were going to be answered. We didn't know how quick it would happen!

On Aug 5th 2010, the next day, the girls and I drove about an 1hr away to go shopping. We had just went into our 1st store when Jay called me. He said I needed to get home right away. I asked if I had locked him out of the house or something. He said, "No Chris, I just got a call from Social Services and they have a 10mo old boy who needs a home for right now. He gave me the details and said we needed to go pick him up if we wanted too. I remember looking at my Mom and telling her. I felt sick to my stomach at first. I've taken care of children but they always went home after a few hours. This was going to be different. He may one day be ours. My Mom went and got Sande and Taryn. We walked to the car and Sande offered to drive home, but I needed to drive so I wouldn't panic. Then it was great because I didn't know what a 10mo baby would need. So they made a list, we were so Thankful they were here! When I got home Jason and I put in our Car seat and were on our way! We prayed on the way over and couldn't believe it had only been 1 day, well not even 24 hours since we had our License. When we got there we met our Tyran. He was so happy and full of smiles. I picked him up and didn't want to put him down. We signed all of our paperwork, not knowing what we were doing and brought him home. We had to stop off and buy a play yard. When we got home my family was here and they helped us take him a bath and feed him. After that he play with Taryn and us for a while, of course we had to take some pictures. That first night was a hard one for Tyran. It took me a while to put him to bed, but after a night or two it was too easy. On Monday I had to attend a meeting regarding Tyran and his family and also his care. I met his parents and we've had a great relationship ever since.

On Aug 9th 2010 after Tyran's meeting I came home to pick him up and take him for a visit with his parents. As I was walking out the door I received a phone call from my friend Patti. She knew of someone who needed to find a "Forever Home" for their Grandson. He was 2 1/2 at the time and would we be interested. She gave me the phone number to the Grandmother if we wanted to think about it. We talked for a few minutes and then I was off to take Tyran. I prayed about it and called Jason. We talked about it and decided to call her. So I did and after a few phone calls we got to meet Jayden. We meet at a Chuck E Cheese in Longview and had a blast.


Not only did we connect with Jayden but we also connected with his Grandma Kassy. Kassy and I would talk a few times a week and started meeting them on the weekends to start our transition with Jayden. In the mean time we are connecting with Tyran and doing everything you need to do the first 30 days they are with you. Our life was full of appointments and visits. We got to experience a lot of firsts with Tyran. His 1st Birthday, 1st swing ride, 1st steps. It was amazing. We could not stop rejoicing in the Lord. We knew that our Journey wasn't over yet. There were nights that I would stare at the toys from Tyran playing and cry because the Lord was letting me be a Mommy to this little guy. I'd look at the diapers organizer and be happy. This is where I will stop and post more later!

Love,
Jason & Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment