Monday, April 18, 2011

Our home is full of Love

Really need to be better at this bolg thing. Fast forward to Oct 27th. On Oct 27th we had 2 brothers come and live in our home. Isaiah-9yrs and Acadian-3yrs. We were a little scared with having an older child in our home. You hear such crazy stories about older children in Foster Care. This home went from a family of 2, to a family of 3, then a family of 4 in a matter of 2 1/2 mo. It was very hard at first. My husband was so terrfic, he made sure Isaiah was registered for school, found him a Boy Scouts troop closer to our home. He was on the ball. He took all the kids to their appointments while I handled Tyran's appointments. We enjoyed our 1st Halloween as a family. It was a lot of fun. I wish I could attached photos of the boys, but I'm not allowed too. In the mean time we were wanting to adopt Jayden and visit him. Our life was so busy, Isaiah spends every weekend with his stepfather Jordon, who's really like a birth father to him. We call him Isaiah's father, because they way he loves and takes care of him. We are sad to say that by the end of May 2011 he'll be leaving our home to live "Forever" with his dad Jordon. We are very happy for Isaiah just sad because we'll miss him so. We make plans for Jayden to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with us. As we near Thanksgiving Jason and Isaiah go and pick him up. When Jayden gets here he's not feeling very well. My poor littl guy spent the night vomiting in his bed all night. Woke up the a high fever and we felt that maybe he wanted to be back with his grandma. So we drove him home and waited until Christmas. Christmas came and Jayden spent a week with us. Christmas in our home was wonderful. The kids had a blast, 3 days of opening gifts. What more can a child ask for. After Christmas Jayden left with his grandparents and we missed him so much. I remember sitting at the table looking at his empty chair. I went upstairs and cried. We had a plan to move him into our home in the middle of January. Jason and I were very upset the night he left. Kassy called me that night and said that they talked about it and they both thought the same thing. That night when they left our house the stopped off at Walmart and at one point Jayden ran up to a girl how kind of looked like me and asked her to pick him up. That's when Kassy knew where he wanted to be. So that Friday Dec 31st Jayden moved into his home. We were so happy and sad. Kassy and I are great friends so of course my heart ached for her and Kirk. That's when our family grew to 5. Our house was loud and a little crazy!! There were times where we just wanted to be able to bond with just Jayden and grow as a family. We knew that the Lord had brought these kids to us for a reason. So as the days went on our family had some struggles. We thought for the best interest of Acadian, we needed to find him a new home. Isaiah would be leaving soon, at that point he was to be living with his day already. It was the hardest decision we had to make. So our social worker gave us the name and phone number of a couple she thought would make a great fit for him. She asked us to talk with them and interview them to see if we thought the same thing. We did and from day one we knew there were his family. After phones calls we set up a weekend for Acadian to stay and from the moment he came home he couldn't stop talking about them. His transition into their home was smooth and perfect for Acadian. It was very hard for us. Packing his belongings was very emotional for me. I cried the whole time. We talk to them often and Acadian, he's so VERY happy, it melts my heart. I couldn't be happier for him. In the mean time we are bonding so much with Jayden, our family's love is growing with each passing day. We get all of the paper work in order for the adoption of Jayden.

March 18, 2011 is the day Jayden became our son! We were so happy to have our family there with us and my friend Lindsey. We couldn't believe how fast the hearing was for the adoption. When it was over we just looked at eachother and said ok and we walked out. That's when the tears started. To think I'm a Mommy to this wonderful handsome little boy. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayers and taking away my pain so that I could be strong enough to make it to the day I met this beautiful little boy. This little boy who I love so much, Thank you Lord for lifting us up when we were hurting the most so that we had the chance to hold him in our arms and listen to him call us Mommy & Daddy, to say I Love You to us! It took me almost 2 weeks for it to really sink in that he was our son. I remember telling my Mom before we left for court that I was so nervous, I had butterflys in my stomach like the day of my Wedding. She laughed and hugged me. That was a crazy week. Tyran was very sick with the flu hopping Jayden and Isaiah didn't catch it. The best was that we were Jayden's parents before his birthday! Watching our son at his party was the best. When we all sang Happy Birthday to him and he yelled it's my birthday, yeah! It was the best.

We are truly Thankful to the Lord for our blessings. Even on our bad days, we couldn't be happier. We love being parents and getting to talk with our friends. I'm very thankful to have a friend, Beth, who has 3 boy and a little girl. To be able to call or talk to her at church and ask her did your boys do this, how did you handle it! Plus all of my Hannah Sister's who I get to spend time with and Rejoice with!

Love,
Jason & Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment