Saturday, June 5, 2010

Our Next Step

Our next step has begun for us. On Thursday May 20th I wanted to get home to meet the dog sitter and give him a key. I stopped by the mail box to grab the mail and I seen it. The white envelope with the green writing: Department of Social and Health Services. My heart fluttered a little. I couldn’t wait to get home and open it up with Jason. When I walked thru the door I had the biggest smile on my face. Our application had made it safe and sound. It must have because before I put the envelope in the mail I kissed it and said a small prayer. I felt my heart beating fast waiting to open the letter. Jason tore it open and I laughed because I acted like a baby or child was going to fall out of that envelope. It was an application to have our finger prints done. We sighed a little. I don’t know what we expected. So, we went online and scheduled an appointment for the 12th (Sat). In the middle of me scheduling our dog sitter came by and we got to talk to him a little about our Journey. He must of thought I was a little nuts. I couldn’t stop smiling when he got here. Then I told him the reason and that’s when we starting talking about our Journey. When he left we were still on cloud 9. I thanked God for guiding our special envelope home and filling our hearts with peace. About 10 minuets later the phone rang and it was Social Services confirming our class attendance. I honestly wanted to cry when I hung up the phone. I called for Jason upstairs and told him who had called and he couldn’t believe it either. I stopped on the stairs and praised Him. I was filled with peace just getting our envelope in the mail, then with the phone call I felt so loved by my Father. It was a great start to a great weekend. We left on Friday to Seattle to spend a weekend celebrating our Marriage. After 13 awesome years, we feel very blessed to have such a wonderful marriage. We can’t wait to start our classes and meet everyone that will help us get where we need to be. I thank all of you for your prayers and support.

Love,
Jason & Christina

1 comment:

  1. SOOO incredibly excited for you and Jason! Your passion for adoption is amazing :) I love reading about the contentment and joy in your hearts as you pursue your path to parenthood! Thank you, Lord for giving them such peace and love for your children!!

    ReplyDelete