Saturday, June 5, 2010

Catching Up

I have some catching up to do. I really need to start staying on top of this. I'm happy to say that as of June 5th we have officially started the process. We have to take some classes to start with and fill out lots of paperwork. We've done some paperwork already but still have more to do. We've talked to our Social worker Mark and he seems very nice. When we called and left a message, a couple of times already to ask questions, he's called us right back. He's taken time to answer us and talk to us to try and get to know us a little better. We are very thankful he's been so great.

Jason and I are so excited it's funny. We even took a picture this morning of us right before we got out of the car. I asked Jason if he thought that was funny of me to do and he said "yes". I said why, "we'd take a picture of me and us getting our first ultra sound, what's the difference"! LOL It's true.
We both enjoyed the class and think it's very informative. You get so much information in these classes. I remember doing something similar in Carlisle, PA when we went through the process there. It's great splitting up in groups and meeting new people. We are 1 of 6 couples adopting. There are 15 couples total in our class.

We are praising God as we take another step in this Journey. He's given us so much to be thankful for. Most of all we are thankful for the peace in our hearts. It's always so easy to listen to your head, but we know that's not were He is.

Plus I get to go shopping for some baby and toddler stuff. They want us to have different sizes and things on hand. We won't know when or how old the little one will be. Better safe than sorry, not having PJ's or clothes for them for a few days. It's a little hard watching the movies in class and see what they might be going through in their homes. Our hearts go out to the children who are out there now wanting someone to just love them.

Love,
Jason & Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment